(All under 150 calories)
Smoothies are a great way to get your fruits and veggie servings included in your daily journey and taste amazing. The fact that I found these tasty smoothies that are all under 150 calories is an added bonus. You can spread these options out throughout the challenge and even repeat your favorites!
1 cup frozen cherries + 1/4 cup chopped pineapple + 1/2 cup low sugar orange juice or apple juice + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend + 1/4 cup ice if needed (unless I am using all frozen fruit- I usually add a handful of ice to my smoothies)
2. Strawberry Banana
3/4 cup strawberries + 1/2 banana + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
3. Tropical Green Smoothie
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + 3/4 cup pineapple (cubed) + 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup spinach + 1/2 cups ice
4. Peaches and Cream
1 cup sliced peaches + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
5. Pineapple Coconut
1 cup frozen pineapple + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk
- Use fresh or frozen fruit (or a combo of both) If you use fresh, you will need to add about 1/2 cup of ice.) Ripe bananas work best.
- Load the container in the proper order—liquids first, then soft fruits or vegetables, greens, and ice on top.
- Depending on sweetness of the fruit, you might need a bit of sweetener, use honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia, sugar substitute, apple juice, or a little sugar a tiny bit at a time.
- All blenders are different, and will process, the ingredient at a different rate so if your Smoothie is too thin: Add a bit more fruit/banana/ice. If it is too thick: add a bit more Silk Almond/Coconut Milk or low sugar juice.
- Optional add-ins to bump up the nutritional content: 1/2 avocado, (will add creaminess w/out changing the flavor) Handful of baby spinach, chia or flax seed, protein powder, nut butters, yogurt or even cooked oatmeal.