Tip Three: Lift Him Up, Don’t Put Him Down
She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her. (Proverbs 31:12 AMP)
If you really want to see your husband be the best man God has called him to be (a loving, caring, strong, supportive husband), encourage him. I’ve witnessed something, there is nothing worse than seeing two people who say they love each other, tearing each other down. It hurts my heart to hear the way some wives talk to their husband and then turn around and complain that their husband isn’t affectionate, never wants to be home, etc. Ask yourself this question, if someone treated you the way you treat him , would you want to be around that person? NOT AT ALL. God created you to be a helper to your husband (Genesis 2:18). Encourage him when he’s down, comfort him, be strong for him. I remember when my husband released his first musical single, I told him “I will always be your number one fan”. I meant that. Encourage your husband. Be his biggest fan! Pray for him and confess God's word over his life. Through prayer, faith and confession, you will see God move in your marriage!
Heavenly father, I praise You for creating me to be the wife my husband needs. I confess Your word over my life to help me be a helper to my husband and be a good wife to him and not cause him harm. I confess today that I will respect, honor and love my husband as Your word has instructed because my desire is to live in Your will for my life. I will build him up and not tear him down. I decree and declare that my husband loves and respects me and I love and respect him. We are good for each other and will be an example of what godly marriage looks like in accordance to Your word. In Jesus' name, Amen.
1. She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her. (Proverbs 31:12 AMP)
2. Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him. (Genesis 2:18 AMP)
3. EVERY WISE woman builds her house, but the foolish one tears it down with her own hands. (Proverbs 14:1 AMP)
4. However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly]. [I Pet. 3:2.] (Ephesians 5:33 AMP)
5. A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones. (Proverbs 12:4 NLT)