"This Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner by @frizzfreecurls is an effective complement to EVERY CURLista's curly hair care routine. Here's why! Blueberries are not ONLY considered super food for the body, but they are super food for the hair also! Repair COLOR TREATED or damaged hair, encourage HAIR GROWTH, and PREVENT BREAKAGE all in one step. It's the Leave in You'll Believe in!" - Curls
Because I am growing my hair out, I'm all about finding the right products and leave in conditioners for my protective styles. Protective styles are key to retaining length. Because I love all my products from Curls, I couldn't wait to try the new Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner. So let's talk about a few things that I consider important when trying products. It's kinda like my scorecard so to speak.
1. Price - it's affordable. You can purchase ONLINE ($12) or in Target stores. For the benefits of this product you can't beat that price.
2. Smell - I'm not one who likes heavy fragrances on my hair. This product smells nice, light and refreshing. It's not overbearing.
3. Texture - I've learned over the years of being natural that my hair LOVES cream based products. This cream is not heavy and I didn't have that feeling that can happen when you have product just heavy on your hair. No, this texture is smooth and creamy just the way I like it.
4. Style Longevity - I used the leave in for a protective style and I wore it for two weeks and honestly could have worn it longer. Because the product is light, I was able keep my style longer. Most of the time, if I can't keep my styles, it's because my hair is dry and heavy with product and that was not the case.
5. Packaging - Curls always does great with their packaging. Very durable and I love the brightness of the colors that they use. I'm able to dispense the product easily, which is a plus when you're in the middle of styling your hair and you need more product.
6. Ingredients - Great thing is you can find this directly on their site (great for naturalistas who are ingredient conscious). It contains no sulfates, silicones, parabens, artificial oils, colors or fragrances. Basically, it's safe for our hair.
So based on my results and what I use to evaluate my products, I would recommend the Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner.
For this style, I started on an older rod set. Due to the weather, I wanted to create a protective style that would last for a few more days (it wasn't wash day for me yet). When I create protective styles, it's important that I use a good leave in so that my hair has the moisture that it needs since my ends will be pinned up. I simply divided my existing curls, added a little of the leave in (really concentrating on my ends) and installed two strand twists. For the side and back portion, I did flat twists. Really simple and great for a protective style that's maintenance free. Using a satin scarf around the back and sides and a bonnet allowed me to keep this style for two weeks.
I plan on doing a full tutorial for this look but until then, here are a few images and quick snippet of the style I created using the Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner.